The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are founded on an ancient Maya technique of ABDOMINAL MASSAGE. This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
Arvigo® Therapy is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of both men and women, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviates tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. They address and can also release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body’s ability to SELF REPAIR AND BALANCE.
The following are the most common symptoms and conditions that Arvigo® Therapy may help address:
FOR EVERYONE (infancy to elderly)
- Digestive disorders (Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, and others)
- Muscular Tension in the diaphragm, back, hips and abdomen
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, and others)
- Varicose Veins
- Fertility Enhancement
- Scar Tissue and Post Surgical Recovery
- Menstrual disorders (painful/irregular/heavy periods or no periods)
- Pre-conception through postpartum care
- Discomforts of pregnancy; labor and birth preparation
- C-section or hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Menopausal symptoms and care
- Pelvic organ congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder or yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Impotence or erectile dysfunction
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A SESSION:
Every initial Arvigo® Therapy sessions begins with a comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing in on your areas of concern. You will fill out a health history form beforehand and bring it with you on the day of your session.
After this review of your health history I will preform massage to the upper and lower abdomen to help:
- Align reproductive and abdominal organs to their optimal position
- Improve circulation to organs
- Promote vital flow to support the body’s inherent healing capacity
Next I evaluate your pelvic alignment and use specific techniques to move your pelvis into optimal positioning. This part of the session involves soothing and directed massage to your back, hips, gluteals, sacrum and coccyx as well as stretches to help correct pelvic alignment.
I will also teach you a self-care protocol at our first session so that you can take this work home with you and continue the healing process between sessions. My clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis most often see an improvement in their symptoms.
As a Certified Arvigo® Practitioner I work to ensure that each session is tailored to your specific needs and symptoms. Each person is a unique individual, and so each Arvigo® session is also a unique experience. I believe in this work with all of my heart, and, I have also witnessed it’s profound healing effects, both personally and with hundreds of clients. I am honored to offer these techniques to all people. Welcome!